Click on HOME to see most recent posts!

Place a Stampin' Up order with me and get a
FREE TUTORIAL OF YOUR CHOICE for every $50 that you spend!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Punch Art Skull with Framed Scalloped Border

Here is my punch art skull card! I used the Scallop Trim Punch to make a scalloped border around the Scallop Oval Frame die from the Big Shot! Wow, that's a mouthfull! You can use this technique to make a frame around any shape you want!
You can see how I did it all below!

For the bones I used the Modern Label Punch. I have layered it over a full one so you can see how I cut it. I slimmed down the long sides and just cut the center bumps off both ends.


The skull is using the Blossom Petals Punch, the largest blossom. You can see how I cut it here. I cut the nose and eyes out using a craft knife.


***I forgot to write it in the beginning, but this was my Mommo's idea to do the border this way!***
To make the border I punched a strip of white paper with the Scallop Trim Punch. Then I cut a slit almost all the way through at each bump in between the scallops. I used the center of the Scallop Oval Frame die for the center. I cheated a little here since I don't have the Web embossing folder yet, so I just used my stylus to score in the web. I lightly sponged it with White craft ink and then sprayed it with Platinum Shimmer Paint mixed with alcohol in a spray bottle. The web and shimmer do not show up well in the photos but they look great in real life!


Then just tape the ends of the scallop piece going around the oval so just the scallops stick out.


Where they meet when you come around, you can just cover with a bow or something if they don't match up exactly. I covered mine with my sentiment.


I have done other punch art skulls before, but this new one is by far my favorite! Here are some others below.

Treasure Chest and Treat Box Card

Related Posts with Thumbnails