Click on HOME to see most recent posts!

Place a Stampin' Up order with me and get a
FREE TUTORIAL OF YOUR CHOICE for every $50 that you spend!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Just Believe Twisted Pyramid Card



My mother sent me an advertisement that she got that showed a picture of a card using this pyramid technique. The card example she sent me used a printed image but I figured you could do the same thing with stamps!
To make this card open like it does I ripped a Cherry cobbler paper to about 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". I then cut my Very Vanilla card stock to 4" x 5 3/4". I scored it at 1/2" in from the long end so I could use Tombow and stick that down under to make the top fold.
To make the pyramid part of the card I made up a template to go by.

CLICK HERE for the FREE template!

And here is how you do it!

Stamp your 3" x 3" or 4" x 4" card stock depending on the size template you are using. You will need at least two identical stamped papers but three makes it easier to cut out. Print out the squares template on plain computer paper.


Place the template over your paper lining up the largest square with the edges. Using a craft knife cut out the smallest center square. Place the template over the other stamped image and cut out the next largest square. You can keep going back and forth between the two images and cutting out the next largest shape. If you have three papers keep the last one for the largest paper. If you are using the template that overlaps the edges you will need all three squares to start.


You should have 5 squares that look like this once you are done cutting. If you had three to start with your largest will not have the center hole cut out of it and it will be easier to put together.


Now you just stack all the images on top of each other using Dimensionals to separate the layers. Line up the images to get the squares at the right angles. Before I put them together I used a Cherry Cobbler marker to go over the edges so the angles would pop out more.


If you make something good with this technique, send me a picture!
Related Posts with Thumbnails