Click on HOME to see most recent posts!

Place a Stampin' Up order with me and get a
FREE TUTORIAL OF YOUR CHOICE for every $50 that you spend!

Friday, February 26, 2010

Easter bunny chicks!

I think these are my new all-time favorite Easter cards yet! I love these little baby chicks dressed up as the Easter bunny! I liked them so much I thought I would make a mini partial tutorial for how to make them.


You will need:

Large Oval Punch

Wide Oval Punch

1 3/8” Circle Punch

5 Petal Flower Punch

Cutter kit distressing tool (keychain)

Welcome Neighbor DSP (sale-a-bration)

Smarty Pants stamp set

A Good Egg stamp set

Pumpkin Pie cardstock

So Saffron cardstock

So Saffron ink

Taken with Teal cardstock

Regal Rose cardstock

Whisper White cardstock

Old Olive cardstock
White gel pen
sponge
markers
Basic black ink
Crystal Effects

Directions:
Punch out a shape like this with Whisper white and the 5 petal flower punch. Punch a 1 3/8" circle out of So Saffron. Distress the edges with the distressing tool on the keychain.


Punch one petal with the 5 petal flower punch out of So Saffron. Cut the little marks in it to make the chicks wing.


Using the 5 petal flower punch, punch out two petals from Regal Rose. Cut off the center like shown to make the inside of the bunny ears.


This is what the ears should look like. Then I put them over the chick and trimmed the bottom edges to fit. I used markers and a sponge to distress the edges before I put things together and a white gel pen for highlights.


The beaks are cut out of Pumkin Pie cardstock and the feet are drawn on. The sayings are punched using the wide and large oval punches. The cracked eggs are stamped and cut out with crystal effects on them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails