Click on HOME to see most recent posts!

Place a Stampin' Up order with me and get a
FREE TUTORIAL OF YOUR CHOICE for every $50 that you spend!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Teachers' Gift - Pencil Holder Cup




I thought this pencil holder cup would be the perfect end of the year gift for my daughters two teachers. She finishes Pre-school this year and moves on to Kindergarten next year! I saw the pencil holder idea on Lorri Heller's blog, such a good idea!
To make this gift I got glasses that have very little angle to the side, no angle would be better but I couldn't find any. I put sticky strip going around them in three places; top, middle and bottom. I stuck all the pencils to that and then reinforced that with some Super Glue. I'm sure a hot glue gun would have worked pretty good too. I glued the ribbon around everything with Tombow adhesive to make sure that all the pencils wouldn't fall off.
I used the Naturally serif alphabet die with the Big Shot for the "chalk" names on the "chalkboards" and I used the Tart and Tangy stamp set for the apples. The plus signs are from the capitol 'X' on the alphabet die cut down.
I love how these came out and I can't wait to give them to Ashley's teachers next week!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Could you have seen this on Lorri Heller's blog? She has something almost identical here: http://stampingaddict.blogspot.com/2010/05/pencil-holder-for-teacher.html.

Madeline Morcelo said...

This looks so good. I also saw someting similar at the Cricut website. Was thinking about making some for my twins' teachers, too. Thanks for sharing!!

BJ Smith said...

Another fantastically wonderful idea! Thank you for sharing!!

TrishG said...

Very cute!~ I'm sure the teacher's will be pleased. My daughter will be going into Preschool this fall.

Naomi said...

I'm thinking of doing this for my son's grade one teachers for Christmas... Do you think an empty soup can would work just as well?

America said...

BRILLIANT IDEA> Love this... Thanks for the simple and fun tutorial. Gotta try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails