Click on HOME to see most recent posts!

Place a Stampin' Up order with me and get a
FREE TUTORIAL OF YOUR CHOICE for every $50 that you spend!

Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Other White Meat

I love this card and I think it is hysterical! Do you get it? The turkey is saying to not eat him for Thanksgiving and to eat the cute pig instead.
"If you are what you eat, eat something cute!" On the inside it says Happy Thanksgiving.

So this card is half punch art and then just some cut shapes since I didn't have any
punches that gave me the head and feet shapes I wanted.
The paper is Woodland Walk DSP and the stamp is from the Birthday Bakery stamp set.

Here is how I did it:
The body of the turkey is the bird punch out of Soft Suede card stock. Then I just trimmed the head off.


The wings are the bird punch wings but the head is cut freehand with a scissors out of Crumb Cake card stock.


The beak is from two bird wings overlapped and trimmed off.


The gobble is Red Riding Hood paper cut out with the leaf from the branch on the bird punch. The eyes are using the medium and small circles from the Owl Punch.


The pig is Pretty in pink card stock. The body is the 3/4" circle punch and head is the 1/2" circle punch. The ears are the middle circle from the owl punch trimmed a little and feet are the heart from the owl punch. The tail is a spiral cut out of the big circle on the owl punch and nose and eyes are the two smaller ones. The tail of the turkey is the wing from the bird punch cut in half with the ends rounded. I used two of them to get all four feathers.
Hope you think my card is as funny as I do! Ashley did not think it was funny and did not want anybody to eat the cute little pig!

12 comments:

Dawn said...

This is so stinkin' cute. I love it...your very very talented! WOW!

craftystamper said...

That turkey gave me a smile! Well done. And thanks for the tutorial.

A Touch of SOL said...

GIRL YOU ROCK! how stinkin cute and HILARIOUS! Thanks for sharing instructions.
Marisol Gutierrez
atouchof_sol@yahoo.com

Jan Hoyt said...

I think it's hysterical! My favorite is that expression on the turkey's face...not sure how you got a punch art turkey to have such a funny look on his face but it's priceless! And what better sentiment to go with it, too funny! Thanks so much for sharing. Jan Hoyt
http://www.inkerzaway.blogspot.com

TrishG said...

This is very well done and a very cute pun!

Margie said...

Very cute - thank you for the directions!

Kath said...

I find it funny, I think I will be making one this Year. . . by the way I CASEd you in my last post. TFS

Cynthia Ferenz said...

Hysterical... I think the turkey could also become an ostrich (without the waddle). TFS!

Cynthia Ferenz
Proud Parent of 2 Soldiers

MuseMyWorld said...

Well, I think it is so funny! You are very talented! I am horrible with punch art, but you def inspire me.

Dale Morin said...

Cute,cute,cute!

Sherry said...

Oh my gosh, this is just hysterical. I had to cover my mouth, to keep from just busting out here at my day job. I gotta make this one tonight!

Anonymous said...

Your punch art cards blow me away. I love this one. Thanks for sharing your talent.

Related Posts with Thumbnails