Click on HOME to see most recent posts!

Place a Stampin' Up order with me and get a
FREE TUTORIAL OF YOUR CHOICE for every $50 that you spend!

Monday, December 28, 2009

Woven Valentine Heart Card


I thought I would use the woven wreath design to make something else. To see how to make the weave CLICK HERE.
This did take a lot of ribbon. I did two separate halves and each half took 5 feet of 1/4" Red Grosgrain ribbon! I wove them slightly off center so I would have enough left over to tie the bow. They are kept down on the paper with large and small glue dots. For the scalloped background to fit on the regular card size I used a 4.75" x 6" whisper white paper and used the scallop edge punch on all the sides.

Here are the two halves before I put them down on the paper and ties the bow.

7 comments:

Carey said...

How beautiful. I think this is a great idea. I really loved making them this Christmas. Now I get to make them again.

Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy

Wendy Hawkinson said...

I can't wait to try a heart. :) I had a lot of fun making a few wreaths, boy....can you do a clover? LOL

TFS!
~Wendy Hawkinson

Gina Dygert said...

LOvE it! How beautiful. I am going to try to make this today! Thanks for Sharing.
:)Gina

Becky Jensen said...

Very pretty - thanks for sharing Lynn!

Queenie Jeannie said...

That is so great!! Shame it takes so much ribbon though.

Kelly said...

Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for December 30. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/ or visit our Blog Finds of the Day Blog at http://blogfindsoftheday.blogspot.com.

Stamp with Sandy said...

Oh, I loved the wreath, but I love the heart even better! I can't wait to make a bunch of these!

Sandy

Related Posts with Thumbnails