Click on HOME to see most recent posts!

Place a Stampin' Up order with me and get a
FREE TUTORIAL OF YOUR CHOICE for every $50 that you spend!

Monday, December 28, 2009

Wine & Champagne Bottle Cards


I thought I needed to do something for New Year's without letting it pass! I thought this would be a cute card to bring if you go to a New Year's Eve party and bring a bottle of wine or champagne.

For stamps and paper I used:
Red wine bottle- Frames with a Flourish, Wonderful Favorites, Defining Alphabet
Bravo Burgundy, Gold cardstock, Handsome Hunter, Kraft

Green champagne bottle- Frames with a Flourish, Celebrate everything, Life's a Breeze(for the bubbles in the middle of the card with Apricot Appeal cardstock)
Bravo Burgundy, Gold cardstock, Handsome Hunter, Ivory

First I started with a 8.5x11 paper and cut it in half to 8.5x5.5. I folded it the long way and cut my bottle out making sure to leave the folded part on the side so the card will open. (The green one I kept trimming so its a bit smaller.) I put them on the grid paper so you could see the general sizes but as long as you keep the proportions right it will look good.
I thought the champagne needed to have the bubbles inside so I just traced the outside of the card and the cut the inside smaller.
To give everything the look of a rounded bottle I used Close to Cocoa with a sponge on the edges of the bottles or ink to match the color of the paper.
Related Posts with Thumbnails