Click on HOME to see most recent posts!

Place a Stampin' Up order with me and get a
FREE TUTORIAL OF YOUR CHOICE for every $50 that you spend!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Mini Honeycomb Ornaments

I usually try to only do one post per day, so I don't run out of things to post... but with Christmas in less then a month, I think I have more project ideas then days!
So keep checking back often, I am on an ornament kick right now, so there might be multiple posts per day!
I have to send a thank you out to Ellen Williams for this great idea. After seeing the large Honeycomb Ornament that I posted this morning, she emailed me and suggested doing it with the ornament punch. I thought it would be too small, but I tried it and they came out so cute! You do have to put less glue dots on them, so you can see what I did below.

Tips for making these:

1. You can cut your 12" paper into 3-3/8" x 12" strips and punch both sides to get the most punched ornaments out of your DSP.
2. You can stack two punched shapes on top of each other and score them on the Simply Scored at the same time!
3. You want to make these out of DSP, not card stock. Card stock would be too thick I think, and you need the paper to bend.

4. Get a very sharp ended tweezers to put the glue dots on. It picks them up so easily and puts them down without sticking to the tweezers. You can get these in the beauty isle near makeup stuff. It is worth the investment in a good sharp pair instead of the dull $2 version.
5. Use Dotto removable adhesive to put your first folded shape down on your scrap paper, this makes them stay still and easier to stack.

And here is how I made these:
(Check my Honeycomb Ornament post for the rest of the directions for the larger size.)

For the first picture above, here is how I did the glue dots. I made this one simple and only did two spots. This was really easy and quick to do. I would suggest doing it this way if you are doing lots of them, or doing this with a group.
Once you put the one glue dot down, fold over the ornament and put the dot in the other spot and put the next one on top. I labeled my diagram with the colors of my DSP paper sides so I would not get confused. I did 13 of these shapes for this one.


Here is how I did the second one. One side has the two at either end, and the next side has it in the middle. Once you get this one together, you really have to manually bend the papers to get them to open up and it kind of folds them instead of just bending. Kind of a pain, so I would suggest the first way unless you have a lot more patience then me! I did 10 of these shapes for this one.


Hope you have fun with these, they are perfect for little trees!
They also fit perfectly in my 6 Pack Ornament Holder and make a great gift!

Related Posts with Thumbnails