Click on HOME to see most recent posts!

Place a Stampin' Up order with me and get a
FREE TUTORIAL OF YOUR CHOICE for every $50 that you spend!

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Lego - Duplo Birthday Card



The kids got invited to a Lego Birthday party and I just had to make a card just for it! I saw THIS ONE on Splitcoast and loved it so much that I had to make it my own.
I have included all the details and measurements below on how I did it!


For the little top bumps on the Lego, I used the Word Window Punch cut in half. I used the Sahara Sand marker for the shading with the White Gel pen for highlights. To line this up evenly I used my SU Grid paper. Each square is 1/4". My top Daffodil Delight piece is 3-1/8" across x 2-1/2" folded in half.


The white insert is 2-1/4" x 2-1/2" and you just stick it on the inside of the top folded yellow piece and tape it closed.


The card base is 5" x 3-1/8" out of Pacific Point folded in half. I used Red sticky tape on the edges to keep it together. The red block on top is 1-1/4" x 3-1/8" with the bumps done the same way as the yellow ones. Stick this right on the front of the blue pouch.


I stamped with the Happiest Birthday Wishes Hostess stamp set in Pacific Point ink, and your card is ready to go together! Just like the Lego's!


For the Lego on the envelope I made it 3-1/8" x 1-1/2". The circles are from the large circle on the Owl Punch. I sponged the edges and added highlights with the gel pen. The name is from the Billboard strip die cut using the Big Shot.

My kids LOVE this card and so did Brett!
Here is Timmy playing with the Legos at the party and the Brett blowing out the Lego candles on the Lego cake! This was such a great theme for a party! This card would be perfect for invitations to your own!


12 comments:

Nancy Seed said...

Lynn this is perfect I my neighbours little fellow turns 3 next week and I am giving him Duplo's so this card will work out just perfect. TFS

Davina Allgrim said...

Incredible card! It looks so 3-D.

Michelle VanWiggeren said...

Wow! I love this idea! Have an 8 and a 5 year old who would think this is awesome, too.

Lorraine Castellon-Rowe said...

Absolutely AWESOME Lynn!! My son will go crazy for this card!! He's 8 and LOVES Legos. I'm CASEing you and making this his Christmas card. Thank you so much!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your blog and ALL of your creations. Thank you for sharing all you do.

Belle said...

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! For the LEGO card idea. My grandson's have asked for lego's for Christmas and this would be the perfect card to make for them. Really Clever

LEEANN said...

This is just adorable! Where was this idea when I needed Lego themed party supplies? Great job.

mary.schultz said...

great idea, and thanks for showing us how you did it! We're talking about a LEGO themed party for my son's next birthday, once I show him your invitations and tell him we can make the same I think he'll embrace the idea completely.

For anyone looking for Legos for Christmas - Walmart's Thanksgiving night (starts at 10pm) sale includes a tub of 1600 legos or duplo (not sure how many in this one) for $30. That may seem like a lot, but normally at Target or Walmart they have a tub of 400 legos for $29.95..

Anonymous said...

This is so stinkin' cute - thanks for the details too ;)

Canadian Carole said...

Ohhhhhhh ... this is adorable! It's so great to have a boy card idea! Thanks for the details! I will be trying this!

Keitha said...

Thanks so much for posting a step-by-step tutorial. I made these for my son's 6th birthday. I linked to your tutorial on my blog post. http://keithaschaos.blogspot.com/2012/04/boogs-6th-birthday-party.html

Casey Medlin said...

Thank you so much for your tutorial.
I posted my sons 4th birthday invitation on my blog at http://hcbliss.blogspot.com/2014/03/lego-4th-birthday-party.html
Such a great idea!!!! Thank you

Unknown said...

Thank you so so much for sharing this amazing lego invitation with us My son is turning 6 in september and he has asked me for a lego party. I'm more cake side of parties but i thought that i would try everything this year. Thanks so much again

Related Posts with Thumbnails