Click on HOME to see most recent posts!

Place a Stampin' Up order with me and get a
FREE TUTORIAL OF YOUR CHOICE for every $50 that you spend!

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Noah's Ark Thank You Card


Here is the card that I made using my Noah's Ark Gift Box and card set. I made this as a thank you for a neighbor that loaned us their sump pump to bail out our basement for Irene! We had 6 inches of water and gaining with 4 pumps going! However, after seeing the damage that was done to our little town, I can't complain at all. I am in Vermont, so the damage around here has been devastating. We are not one of the stranded towns, thank goodness, but we lost a lot here and right around us. Lot's of roads are closed so it's really hard to get anywhere.
It is getting better day by day but still unreal what some rain did. I thought this card was kind of a funny way to say thank you for the help!

Here is the original Noah's Ark card and box that I made below!

6 comments:

Kris McIntosh said...

Your card is really cute. I'm sorry to hear of the devastation in your town. It is kind of hard to believe that that rain can cause so much havoc. At least you are safe and still have a home. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Floods are devastating. I've been there myself when the spin off of 2 hurricanes collided (in MI of all places)and rained/drenched for several days. $20,000.00 out of pocket,and months later, we started to regain our lives. Sending prayers to you and yours.

Lori B demo in WI said...

Your card will be greatly appreciated by all who receive it. We had our flooding in 2008 (fortunately only in the basement - 2 1/2 feet deep with 4 sump pumps running). There are many in the plains (MN & ND) that had devastating flooding earlier in the year destroyed whole homes. Hope all that you know have been spared and will be back to normal soon!

Lu-Cindy said...

Lynne, so sorry to hear of the devastation in Vermont. I have been to many of those towns that were flooded and it just breaks my heart. I'm thankful that you and yours are okay. The card you made is adorable and couldn't be more appropriate . . . always good to have a sense of humor during times like these. Blessings to you and your family and hope for a very speedy recovery, for all of VT as well.

Phleurdillee said...

Your Noah's Ark set is adorable! Also, very thoughtful! I am so sorry for your flooding and devastation in the affected states. It's awful! It is shocking what damage water can do. I am born and raised in New Orleans and have lived about 30 minutes away in Carriere, MS for about 12yrs. I am, unfortunately, very familiar with hurricanes, and their damage. We survived Katrina, but barely. The feeling of being trapped, from flood and wind destruction, with no electricity and eventually no unspoiled food, in the severe heat is something you can't explain. Your families are in our prayers! Hope you have a speedy recovery process! Crafting is great therapy!

Margaret Raburn said...

Your card and gift are so very adorable! I'm so sorry for the devastation to Vermont and the east coast from the hurricane and ensuing floods. Glad you and your home is safe but so sad for the others affected. God bless you all.

Related Posts with Thumbnails