Click on HOME to see most recent posts!

Place a Stampin' Up order with me and get a
FREE TUTORIAL OF YOUR CHOICE for every $50 that you spend!

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sweet Floral Layered




While I was at the SU Convention this year, I won the Sweet Floral background stamp that I made this card with. When I first got it, I thought it was the ugliest stamp that I had ever seen. A few other people saw it and said, "Oh, how pretty!" I figured if some people like it, maybe I could make a card that I like with it.
Here is my layered card using only this stamp and Perfect Words for the sentiment. I stamped the stamp a few times in Cherry Cobbler for the top and a few times in Always Artichoke for the leaves. Then I just cut some parts out and popped them up with Dimensionals, either one or two high.
I am still on the fence with liking this stamp but I really like how the card came out!


For the sentiment I just punched it out with the Modern Label punch. Then I punched two more in Cobbler, cut them in half going each way, and glued them to the back. This makes a nice outline around your words.




9 comments:

Beth Fesperman said...

Lynn,
I was on the fence about this stamp set too but I love your card...thanks for sharing...Beth

Mary Lou Glick said...

Oh, Lynn, this is one of the most beautiful cards I have seen using Sweet Floral! Thanks for sharing.

Pam Rhoades said...

I so agree about this stamp. But, I figured artists, such as yourself, would come up with wonderful, creative ways to use the stamp. Oh, my, and you did. This is gorgeous and by far, my favorite use of this stamp. Beautiful job! Thanks for sharing!

Mary Davidson said...

Magnificent is the perfect word for this card, Lynn!! I love it! TFS!

Anne Laflamme said...

Wow... is magnifical... I love it..

Bravo

Jan Hoyt said...

When I first saw that stamp I thought, "what in the world would I want with THAT?" and didn't even consider ordering it. THEN I saw a few samples on line and, as is the usual pattern, I fell in love with it. That was BEFORE I saw the beautiful card you made with it...wow! So pretty....thanks for sharing your creation! Jan

Debbie said...

I think your card is just beautiful.
It's funny how some stamps will do that to you.
Love it...
Thanks for sharing all you do.
My stamping mojo has been lost somewhere and I believe your card is calling it back. I haven't stamped in a few weeks now. It's weird but now I feel like it again.

Debbie (SU! demo for 1 year now.)


Thanks again!

Sharon F said...

Oh how Pretty!

Sandi said...

Lynn, I saw your card from LNS and had to here to let you know it is beautiful!! I love it so much that I CASEd it for an upcoming presentation I am doing using SU's background stamps (hope you don't mind, but I do have a note on it that I CASEd from you). I should have come to your blog first before I did mine as it would have been much easier -- LOL. Funny tho, I too popped the layers up with dimensionals and added the same style layout for my sentiment (I don't believe I saw that I your LNS picture). Goes to show you that people don't always CASE something but come up with the same ideas. Thank you so very much for sharing your card.
P.S. I bought this right away as I loved it from the get go -- LOL.

Related Posts with Thumbnails