Click on HOME to see most recent posts!

Place a Stampin' Up order with me and get a
FREE TUTORIAL OF YOUR CHOICE for every $50 that you spend!

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Taxes Thank You


I have been trying to come up with a card to thank my father for doing my taxes this year (Yes, that's right, I am 30 years old, with a family of my own, and my wonderful father still does my taxes).
I came up with this card, and I am pretty happy with it. I printed a 1040 tax form, that I made smaller off the computer, onto Ivory card stock and then sponged the edges. I thought about the Boston Tea Party and the beginning of taxes so I made tea boxes and then faux wood-grained them with markers and then stamped TEA on them.


I used the Heartfelt Thanks stamp set for the Thanks on the front and then shaded the letters with a marker to make them stand out more.


I made a little pocket with tea bags to go on the inside too!

10 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

What a darling card idea!! Great job!!

I use TurboTax and love it. It's fast and easy!!

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

I want some of your creative genius! That is perfect!

Louise Brown said...

What a great idea!!! Love the faux wood you did....
TFS

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Love it!!! a hoot!!

Jen said...

hysterical! You are too funny! Love it! If you haven't mailed it yet, bring this card on Saturday! :0)

ny2tx_patti said...

Great card, Lynn! I think that your Dad will love it!

Davina Allgrim said...

so clever!
teadrinkingstamper.blogspot.com

Amy said...

That is awesome. you amaze me with your clever ideas.

mimikat33 said...

That is the most original card I've ever seen, great job and alot of fun.

Kat
www.cricutcardcreating.blogspot.com

Queen Mary said...

I think this card is fantastic and gives me lots of ideas! I'm a tax lawyer -- I'm thinking of finding the original 1040! Little known fact: the Treasury historical society issues annual ornaments and one year, yup, they celebrated the IRS with the original tax return in a wreath of dollars with a ribbon that read, "Many Happy Returns"! Hilarious!~

Related Posts with Thumbnails