Click on HOME to see most recent posts!

Place a Stampin' Up order with me and get a
FREE TUTORIAL OF YOUR CHOICE for every $50 that you spend!

Monday, December 20, 2010

Holiday Teacher Gifts



The teachers at my kids school are wonderful and I wanted to do something fun for a holiday gift. I found this great template for the coffee cup HERE and thought it would be perfect for teacher gifts! The only problem was that I had a hard time deciding how to limit who got gifts so I ended up making a lot of them. (The women who run the front desk, the nurse, the lady in the cafeteria, teachers, teachers aids... how do you limit things like this?)
I did change my coffee cup around from the template a little bit. CLICK HERE for the template! I cut my paper 8-1/2" x 5" so I could fit two on one sheet and they would be a little bit taller then the tutorial ones (this makes the tab 1/2" instead of 1"). I also used the Scallop Oval Frame die with the Big Shot for the handles. I used only the inside, folded it in half and cut out the center by hand. Then I scored 3/8" out from the center fold in both directions. I glued this 3/4" middle section to the cup and then glued the ends together so the handle would be sturdy and support the cup to pick it up. I used the music notes roller to decorate the outside (before I put it together).
I got hot cocoa mix and marshmallows and filled a bag for the inside of the cup and then added the bow and the tag. The ornaments were from a kit using wire and glass beads. I made these with my three and five year old... it took a little bit of time!
Here is a picture of the back of the cup and another of all the ornaments that we made.

4 comments:

Totallyawake said...

Love the cup with the Musical DSP - I think these would be great for Father's Day gifts too filled with goodies... thanks for sharing!

scrappychica said...

this cup is so perfect! I love that you used musical paper, it gives it such a great effect. Thank you for sharing your version I hope to use it soon.

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Very cool Lynn. Love the music paper cup especially. One question. Are both template links supposed to be to the same template or did you intend to include your altered template in the second link?

Discounted craft said...

Yeah, I'm sure my teacher would love to receive those gift sets such as those from her students.

Related Posts with Thumbnails