Click on HOME to see most recent posts!

Place a Stampin' Up order with me and get a
FREE TUTORIAL OF YOUR CHOICE for every $50 that you spend!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

French Foliage Poinsettia

I saw a card with a poinsettia in the Stampin' Success magazine (Stampin' Up Demonstrators get this magazine each month full of great card and project ideas as well as new techniques and business info) this month that used the pearls for the middle and I got inspired. This is my version of that idea!
To make this card I used the Just Believe and French Foliage stamp sets. For the leaves of the Poinsettia I used the leaf from the French Foliage stamp set in Very Vanilla Craft ink on Cherry Cobbler paper with not too much Vanilla ink on my stamp. When you first stamp it on the paper it is comes out looking like Vanilla ink. If you give it a little time it will turn a light pink color and looks softer. Then I just cut out the leaves and used Dimensionals to put them together.
For the main part of the card I used Very Vanilla paper stamped with Early Espresso ink with the cursive words and then sponged with Soft Suede ink around the edges. I also used Early Espresso paper for the outline of the Vanilla pieces.
The "believe" sentiment is from the Just Believe stamp set and is inked with the Cherry Cobbler marker and stamped on the 1/2" wide strip of paper.

I love this card.

15 comments:

Henriƫtte said...

Lovely card you made

Henriƫtte

craftystamper said...

Great idea to use the leaf from that stamp set to make your poinsettial It looks wonderfull Love the vintage look of the rest of the card

Email me said...

Absolutely stunning!!! I feel the need to CASE the poinsettia!

Judy Jackson said...

Just Beautiful! Made to be cased!

Kay Hahn Casler said...

Your card is fantastic!! I love it! I, too, will need to case your card. Thank you so much for sharing!!

windchase said...

What a beautiful card!

Scooter said...

Very creative!!! And Pretty!!

Lisa said...

This is just exquisite. Your talent is amazing, please don't ever stop sharing!

ny2tx_patti said...

I love this card too :-)!

Debbie said...

Lynn,
You are one fabulous stamper! I love this card.
I just received the French Foliage stamp set a couple of days ago but I don't have the craft inks yet.
I will have to CASE this idea if you don't mind.

Have a great day and TFS!

Debbie

TrishG said...

This is gorgeous! I love the poinsettia with the leaves!!!!!!! Really beautiful colors and sponging.

Liane said...

I love your card too! Heck I love every card you do! You always think outside the box. So very creative!

Raven said...

What a beautiful card! I can see why it was one of Kelly's daily blog finds! Congrats!

Jodi said...

This is gorgous, awesome work!

Stampin Siblings said...

This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! And what a great way to utilize the French Foliage stamp set beyond fall :-) Here is what I came up with from your inspiration: http://stampinsiblings.blogspot.com/2010/11/poinsettia-card.html You are SO TALENTED, we love your designs...AMAZING what you come up with!!! Keep it up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails