Click on HOME to see most recent posts!

Place a Stampin' Up order with me and get a
FREE TUTORIAL OF YOUR CHOICE for every $50 that you spend!

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Family Update


I just wanted to thank everyone who has sent their well wished for my daughter and our family. It means so much to me that there are such wonderful nice caring people out there like yourselves.
Thank you.
We are home from the hospital and Ashley is back at school today! She is not too happy about having to get her fingers pricked and take her insulin everyday but I'm sure as we go it will get easier. I will be in and out of school three times each day just to make the adjustment a little easier for her so days are going to fill up fast!
She is a little trooper and doing as good as you could possibly expect a five year old to be dealing with diabetes so that is all that I can ask for.
Here is her being her normal goofy self in the hospital while we are desperately trying to get her to eat the right amount of carbs!

11 comments:

Dina said...

bless her little heart..she is precious I am glad she is well.

Brenda Sagnella said...

Lynn happy to hear she's doing good. I hope you are too. God Bless.

Margie said...

She is adorable! Each day will get easier as your family adjusts. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Gerry said...

Lynn So glad your litte Ashley is doing well. She looks like a well loved little girl that will do whatever it takes.

Amy Rohl said...

Hi Lynn,

I'm new to your blog, but just wanted to take a minute to wish you the best with your daughter's battle with diabetes! I also want to thank you for everything on your blog, I'm inspired and just finished my first bus card!

Take care and hugs,
Amy Rohl

Anonymous said...

Lynn, I'm kinda new to your blog too and enjoy your work. I am a type 2 Diabetic and I understand just why your daughter doesn't like to get her fingers stuck...heck I don't either. But we have to do it. Being Diabetic isn't fun or easy for me and for a young child it is a huge challenge to understand what is going on and why. Best of luck to you and your family and you walk this path. There is a lot of info out there and scads of cookbooks to help you with meals. You are in my prayers.

Norma Davenport

Laura Isham said...

she's just adorable, Lynn. Glad that she is taking the adjustment well...for a 5 yr old. I'm thinking of you and wishing you and your daughter all the best.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Hugs and prayers to your family!! I'm so glad your daughter is ok and received such fantastic medical care!!

Heidi said...

Glad your little one is doing well, I hope you are too! You have an awesome blog and wonderful tutorials.
I just got the tackle box and card...turned out awesome! My husband will love this, it's his Birthday today. I'm off to buy some more! Also, added your widget to my blog, everyone should see how talented you are!!

saucersrus said...

I will keep your family in my prayers. Diabetes doesn't have to be the end of the world as you know it. There will be lots of changes to deal with, but education is key. I was diagnosed with Type I at age 3 in the 1980's when technology said I wouldn't live to age 30 or have kids. I am 34 and have 3 wonderful children. I am the most thankful to the huge amount of education my parent sought out and the amount of control they gave me in my care. I highly recommend camp when she is ready to be away from home for a full week. If you control the diabetes, it won't control you!! Take care and email if you need support.
Amy

Anonymous said...

Pleased to read your daughter is doing well. If she likes popcorn you can use that for a carb (not the sugar coated one!). I find it light and easy to digest. Also rice cakes / corn thins are light alternates. It is not going to be easy but once she accepts it (we all go through the 'why me' stage) it will get easier.
Good luck

Related Posts with Thumbnails