Click on HOME to see most recent posts!

Place a Stampin' Up order with me and get a
FREE TUTORIAL OF YOUR CHOICE for every $50 that you spend!

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Ribbon Butterflies


These butterflies are made out of grosgrain ribbon with twine tied in a knot for the antennas. I did melt the edges of the ribbon over a candle so they would not fray. The frame is the scallop frame with the Big Shot and the stamp set is Simply Said. So simple to do and so cute! The paper is the Bride specialty DSP with Regal Rose sponged over it. I love this paper!
I saw this idea on Splitcoast and lost the person that it came from, then I just found her again! here name is Heather Van Duker CLICK HERE to see her ribbon butterfly card.

12 comments:

Amy said...

Love the ribbon butterflies! Clever. :)

Patti J said...

This is beautiful! AND clever!!! Great card!

Greetings By Chera said...

A great way to use some of those ribbon scraps that I hate to throw out! .. Thanks! ..

Afterall, its a recycle, reuse.. right? LOL!!!

Diane said...

Very VERY Clever! Beautiful card.
Diane (LNS)

Liz said...

Beautiful card! Love those butterflies!

Peggy Maier said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! I will be making some of these - thanks for the idea!

Mary Davidson said...

Saw your post on LNS, Lynn. Gorgeous card and who knew ribbon made such adorable butterflies! TFS!

Tami said...

These are darling! Love the entire card and this is a fabulous idea!

TrishG said...

Love the cute butterflies. The colors and patterned paper are great. Nice job on everything.

Danielle Daws said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for the link!

Carey said...

OK, I am thinking this is the winner of the challenge. I love the way you used the scraps of ribbon. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration.

Carey
aka Roscoe's mommy

Jane Ralph said...

I love these little ribbon butterflies and will most def use the idea on my next card!! Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails