Click on HOME to see most recent posts!

Place a Stampin' Up order with me and get a
FREE TUTORIAL OF YOUR CHOICE for every $50 that you spend!

Friday, December 4, 2009

Kusudama Flower & Ornament

The whole thing


The close up!

I saw the directions to make this flower and then make the flowers into an ornament this morning. It has taken me all day to do it, but let me tell you, it was worth it! Do not start this project unless you are prepared to spend a long time doing it and to get sticky fingers. That being said, this is beautiful in person. The pictures look nice but don't do it justice. I asked my husband what he thought and he told me, "That looks like it took a really, really long time."
I changed the colors around from the tutorial and added the beads. The pearls are from the pretties kit and the silver ones I had around. To see the tutorial that I used to make the flowers CLICK HERE. To make them into an ornament CLICK HERE. It takes 4 sheets of 12x12 paper to do this. I used 4 double sided papers that were red on one side and white on the other to do this. I folded half one way and the other half opposite to get this look.

Here are the few things that I added:

I strung the pearl on thick string, looped through the silver bead and back through the pearl.


After I glued my folded paper together(check instructions, link above) I added more Tombow adhesive and put the string down the center. Then Iput the rest of the pieces on to make the flower. The Tombow(green double capped glue) leaves your fingers sticky in the end but it dries really quick and holds great. I would suggest it.


Here is one finished flower with the bead.


You get three out of one sheet of 12x12 paper with one 3x3 piece left over. I did 6 flowers of red and 6 of white. The paper I used was red on one side and white on the other.


Here is my army of flowers.


Here are the two halves before I put them together.


I threaded the beads on string for the bottom and looped that through my tied ribbon for the top to hang it. I glued it down the center of one half before I put the two halves together.
Here it is!
Related Posts with Thumbnails