Click on HOME to see most recent posts!

Place a Stampin' Up order with me and get a
FREE TUTORIAL OF YOUR CHOICE for every $50 that you spend!

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Ribbon Weave Wreath


I am so excited about this card! I love it! I just found a video showing how to do this great technique. When I was a kid I made bracelets this way all the time and someone thought to make it into a wreath! I used Always Artichoke 1/4" grosgrain ribbon for the wreath and Real Red for the bow. The wreath ends up being 3" across. I did use the 6 feet like it said in the video and it came out perfectly. The red dots are red brads just pushed through the ribbon, I thought this would look great with the red rhinestone brads but I don't have any. The white is using the Scallop Circle #2 die cut and the large card is cut using the Scallop Square die cut. The sentiment is in Basic Black using the Holiday Best hostess set. And of course Serene snowflakes, the small one with three snowflakes, in Whisper White craft for the background. I glued the wreath on using the large glue dots and popped up the white scallop with dimensionals.
I thought this would make the cutest ornaments too!
CLICK HERE to see photo step by step directions of the weave.
The video to show how to make the wreath is below!

24 comments:

Nancy Dawson said...

Too Cool! I have a customer that is always looking for things her 'girls' (a craft group at church can do) and this would be perfect. TFS

TrishG said...

Wow, super cute. I love the brads in it! I like the white scallop oval outside and the bird inside.

Anonymous said...

I love this ribbon weave wreath; thanks so much for posting the video.
Edie

Connie said...

Wow! I can't wait to make one of these! Thanks for the video reminding me how to make them.

Sam said...

what an incredible idea - love the wreath. It just seems like a lot of ribbon for one card (or decoration), but still, I will have to try it one day as it looks oh-so elegant!

Deb (dcorder) said...

Totally awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Positively Brilliant Lynn. I can see this idea taking over the net by storm!

Very understated and elegant presentation too. Can't wait to share your link in my blog picks and posts next week. You might want to send this idea into Stampin'Up! as well. They are always looking for new techniques to showcase product or to do with teens & kids. Left in a straight line this would make an elegant border down the side of a card too. Can't wait to try this with my Cardinal Christmas or using the Bird Mover and Shaper to carry the wreath.

Thanks for sharing - Jean Fitch
http://jlfstudio.wordpress.com

njburk said...

WOW! This is truly amazing! I never would try this w/out the viedo! GREAT job.

Sara said...

Thanks so much for this link. Great project. I've made my own version of this today. TFS.

Sara xx

Diana said...

That is just stunning... Love the wreath.

JD said...

This is such a creative idea...I Just had to try it...Thank you for sharing...

Anonymous said...

I used to make bracelets when I was a kid at camp with this technique using what we used to call gimp, (plastic shoelace looking material)never thought to use ribbon. Thanks for posting the video, looks great, can't wait to try it out.

Karen H. (kthaman) said...

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing the 'how'.

Francie G. said...

This is fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing this tech!

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

That is totally awesome! Loved your video - I'm off to go give this a try right now!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Gina Wrona said...

That is so awesome, I am speechless and am so very happy I found your blog post. How long does your ribbon have to be for the size you made on the card? Your video makes it look so easy peasy. Love It!

Hugs,
Gina

Two Happy Stampers said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to share this and post the video tutorial for it. It is quite addicting. I showed the technique to my granddaughter and together we made a fun headband for her.

nancy littrell said...

Lynn, Your ribbon wreath card is just gorgeous. I love the crisp festive look and your added brads. TFS the tutorial too.

Kittykat said...

Your wreaths are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!! And I just wanted to tell you that I think it is so Awesome that you have shared this video with all of us girls. SCS sisters Rock!!!!!!!

Thanks you sooo much.

Linda said...

That is a beautiful wreath. Thank you so much for sharing.

Karen said...

Beautiful wreath and fabulous idea. Thank you so much for taking the time to share the how-to video with us!
Happy New Year,
Karen
alteredscrapbooking dot com

Chachou said...

Thanks a lot for the video tutorial ! I've made a little card with this idea, you can see it here :
http://chachouetlescrap.canalblog.com/archives/2011/11/05/22583012.html#trackbacks

sabrina said...

MERCI POUR CETTE SUPERBE TECHNIQUE !!! great layout !!!

Anonymous said...

thanks it was of gr8 help.....it realy helped me complete a designing assignment and now am using it on a dress

Related Posts with Thumbnails